Monday, October 22, 2012

So Here We Are...

Just as You said it should be...

It's absolutely amazing to look back and see where God has taken my life. Who would have ever thought that life in missions would start from an (intense) heart tug. AHHH God is so good.

I arrived here in Kona on September 26th, 2012 and I thought that I would have had time to settle in and that I would be eased into this huge change in my life. Yes, I have physically been here before but, I just haven't been here before. I came here wrapping up as much as I could in New York. With the help of my beautiful Mom, I was able to have my car sold. I packed my things and here I am. Giving it my all. It was hard leaving New York because I knew it was different this time... Saying goodbye was harder. So, when I arrived in HI all I wanted to do was rest for a week or two and then "allow" God to do his transforming work. Yea, right.....

I was looking for a breath of life and it felt like He just dropped me in a tub filled with ice. It definitely woke me up. It was time to get to work. It's only the end of week 3 and if you took a look at my personal journal you would wipe the sweat off your brow and realize your heart was beating through your chest. In sports therapy, an ice bath is a training regimen usually following a period of intense exercise. It's only so you can continue your training even after a time that you were put through indescribable strain! Even though it hasn't been easy, leaving family, friends, church, home, etc...I wouldn't change it at all. There's a faith, a blessed assurance that comes when you know you're doing exactly what you were created to be doing in this moment in time. No matter how difficult it was to get there. So here I am, just as He said I would be.

Hawaii is beautiful and most importantly, the people are precious. I have had the privilege of getting to know many of my Leadership Track (LT) classmates. I think there are about 60 of us altogether! Many of them have staffed other schools like Community Transformation, Fire & Fragrance, Engage, and All Nations;AllGenerations.  We went away on a retreat this weekend and I feel so much closer. It's a blessing to see us becoming one big family out of many. E pluribus unum, right?! So in we all went; straight into this massive teaching right off the bat. Selflessness, servant hearts, loving grace, unoffendable hearts, and it continues...

Flipping through my notebook, these lines exhibit the atmosphere thats been created over the past 3 weeks...

[If you're offended, just read 3 lines up again :)]

  • If God's called you, He's qualified you. He wouldn't call you to something you could not do but, He would call you to something you could not do without Him.
  •  Moses grew up surrounded by darkness. He had the option to become great in Pharaoh's house but, he chose to be a son of God.


  • God is not slow; He is patient
  • Your corporate revival experience is sustained by your personal revival experience


  • "A heart for" is killing us...

  • How deep of a friendship do you have with someone you never talk to?!
    
****Family is not based on function but covenant...They belong.****


  • Encouragement is putting courage in each other's house.

&....The Gospel of Jesus is like water. No man made it + no man can live without it. Water companies do not make water relevant, no man can live without it. 

That's it for now. That's my life. Our lives here on this campus, and then across the globe. 

Just as He said it should be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment