Monday, March 11, 2013

Can You Feel It In Your Bones?

I feel like doing this as a journal entry. So if you're a bit nosey, I think you'll like it.

I have been really blessed with where I am in life. Sometimes I think, "What have I done to deserve this?" And I remember that I haven't done anything to do it. It's all been Jesus and his goodness towards me. How God do you love me so much? It's crazy. 
This past weekend we had a huge celebration party. But let me build up why I had my mind blown by a group of 35 radical people. 

Coming to staff YWAM was an easy choice to make. I knew that seeing lives changed and helping communities in dire need is a no brainer. Who wouldn't want to help others? Thank you God for making me realize that it is not just about me. I've definitely learned to love more than I ever have before. My eyes see things in a different way and I never want to go back. I take the things I have as valuable but somehow always seem to want to give my stuff away. Which can honestly be annoying, haha. It's a good problem to have ;) 

I met our new students on January 3rd and my life has never been the same. I miss and will always love our Ohana (extended family) from All Nations All Generations DTS 2012 that I did last January and God, I pray that you would let me be with them once again. Those friendships are so real to me. They are attached to memories of finding out Your goodness through and with those people. So, thanks for that too. But, this new group holds a different place which I guess happens with every person you meet. Some blaze trails through your heart and others just footsteps that are eventually washed out with the rain. I think...I know this group is leaving it's lasting impression on my life. 

How can someone be changed so much and yet the day to day seems so ordinary? I guess my prayers of "God, have your way in my life today" are answered by You. 

So day in and day out, I pour my love, my strength, my friendship, and everything else that You have given to me, into our students. I hope I do that with everyone I am friends with. But there are challenges and days I fail miserably. Those days stink. A lot. But there's always grace! Thank God. The people I'm surrounded with are also very gracious. and FUN! Oh, I definitely haven't had this much fun all at once since who knows when. I'm always smiling, if not on the outside then definitely on the inside. I tend to think too much but looking at it now...processing in this very moment...I think of all the good things that take place in my day. I love it most when I burst out laughing because of how blown away I am by God or by something hilarious one of my new family members have said. I love that. I love smiling. Smiling's my favorite. 

So long story short, in the month of February I was absolutely overwhelmed by love. Valentine's Day is my favorite. I love red. I love hearts. I love celebrations. I love LOVE. Loving, being loved. It's too good not to have a reason to show people how much they mean to you besides at their funeral (you know?!). I woke up on Valentine's Day to a HUGE red heart pillow with red balloons strung up across the room and at least 100 hearts strung up on my bed with different reasons why I am loved (a few cheesy pick-up lines were in there too, haha) and a beautiful card with a little eiffel tower, beret wearing baguette, saying he loves me. J'adore my roommates. Thennnn I got a huge box of amazing goodiessssssss!!! Including but not limited to dark chocolate covered marshmallows, an iphone case, makeup, granola (w/chocolate), a handmade bracelet, a journal made by a precious girl rescued out of human trafficking, and SO much more. I love my pastor's wife: Lilly Conforti and my beautiful friends Emily Conforti and Maggie Conforti! Then of course my momma and Broseph sent me a package from home filled with things to share with my roommates and classmates! My mom loves to share too ;) Well, that was just the beginning. I had the world's best angel (secret valentine) who made me a banner that I will put pictures up later. Everyday for a whole week I was blessed beyond measure by Kristin Bakke. 

Ok enough of the lovin, haha. So, after our early mornings and late nights for this school, our students surprised us with an honoring party. They washed our feet (like Jesus!) and prayed blessings over us. I was so surprised and impressed and overall really touched by the immense love I felt. I think I realized then that they've been hard at work at blazing a trail in my heart to a place that they will never leave. And i've loved every minute. I thank you God for my life...and my heart. May I never get tired of Your surprises. May I always have your way done in my life. I feel it in my bones...

1 comment:

  1. i rarely post anything on facebook...
    but i do read all of it...
    come to korea.... :)

    ReplyDelete